Indoor Air Quality Services for Fairbury, Dwight and Surrounding Areas
Modern buildings are very tight and energy efficient, but eliminating fresh air pathways can create serious indoor air quality problems. If contaminants build up indoors, your family may begin to experience the effects of sick building syndrome. If anyone in your family is allergy-prone, they may see their symptoms flare.
The Consequences of Poor Indoor Air Quality
If left unaddressed, unhealthy indoor air quality can lead to a variety of serious health issues.
- Lung disease
- Difficulty breathing or wheezing
- Fatigue and malaise
- Respiratory congestion
- Chronic coughing and sore throat
- Nose bleeds
- Watering eyes
How to Deal with Air Quality Issues
At Popejoy Plumbing, Heating, Electric and Geothermal, we understand the importance you place on your family’s health and safety. Our trained technicians are experienced in installing the most sophisticated IAQ products currently available. They’ll work to develop a comprehensive approach to eliminate pollutants, allergens, and other airborne irritants.
- Central Filtration: Air purification is the most important element in the fight to keep the air inside your home healthy and clean. Filters are available in a variety of configurations, including pleated, electrostatic, fiberglass, cabinet and electronic models. A filter‘s effectiveness is measured by its MERV rating. We recommend a filter with a minimum MERV 7 rating, but it’s important to verify your HVAC system has sufficient static pressure to handle a high-efficiency filter.
- UV Lamp: Contaminants thrive in the dark, moist recesses of your central air conditioner. UV lamps are tuned to a specific wavelength that actually kills a variety of harmful biological organisms. Installing a UV light inside your evaporator coil will keep your home cleaner and help improve the performance of your air conditioner.
- Mechanical Ventilation: Tight homes eliminate fresh air pathways, so a mechanical ventilator will bring in the right amount of fresh air to keep your home healthy. As the air exchange process takes place, an equal amount of polluted air is exhausted outdoors.
The Benefits of Healthy Indoor Air Quality
There are many benefits associated with healthy indoor air.
- Better Equipment Performance: Accumulated dirt and grime degrades HVAC efficiency. IAQ products are designed to keep vital components clean, so your system will perform better and last longer.
- Improved Health: Repeated exposure to airborne contaminants will aggravate existing respiratory problems and may cause new ones to develop. When the pros at Popejoy Plumbing, Heating, Electric and Geothermal implement a comprehensive IAQ strategy, your family will enjoy healthier indoor air.
- Cleaner Indoor Environment: A properly functioning IAQ system will keep the inside of your home cleaner by eliminating much of the dust that settles on your floors and furniture. The indoor air will smell fresh, and obnoxious odors will be eliminated.
Total Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Popejoy Plumbing, Heating, Electric and Geothermal offers complete IAQ products and services for customers in Pontiac, Morris, Streator, Braidwood, Coal City, Dwight, Fairbury, El Paso, Gibson City, Lexington, Chenoa, Gilman, IL, and the surrounding area. If you want more information on the benefits of healthy indoor air, call one of our friendly representatives today.